Thursday, January 3, 2013

From Clutter to Calm

(image via Plum Pretty Sugar)
 
 

I don't know about you, but there is something about the start of a new year that makes me want to freshen up my home.  I know lots of people head to the gym, or start a new diet but for some reason I feel the need to purge the clutter, get rid of the accummulated junk that seems to take over around the holidays.
 
I love this simple, crisp and uncomplicated bedroom.  I think removing all unnecessary clutter helps me sleep better and relieves stress. 
 
Today marks the return to school for my children and I have a list a mile long that I want to accomplish!
 
Hope your holiday were filled with friends and family and lots of joy!
 
xo,
 
Kristi

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, I so agree. When we take out all the Christmas decorations and re-see the house the way it was I think we always need to refresh. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you hate clutter. Taking down the holidays decorations really opens things back up.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just l Ike you..taking the decorations down sets something in motion, making space physically and psychically.
    Feels like breathing in fresh air...I kept the tiny lights on my big Ficus tree in the living room and a big star
    on the window. That star is seen by lots of people going to and from the hospital. I like to think it cheers.

    ReplyDelete